The Latest from William & Mary

Organizers have put up a website documenting the current controversy over forced-out College President Gene Nichol: http://www.wrengateblog.com/

Check it out. They've got photos and video, along with a running narrative chronicling the latest events.

My good friend Jasper is covering the events too, on Building Our Power.

More importantly, SDSers and other student organizers are being invited to William & Mary this Saturday to participate in this grassroots act of resistance, and to show the oligarchs on the Board of Visitors that the student voice is a force to be reckoned with. From the email:

"We are now asking (if not pleading) for everyone (for are we all not students?) to come and participate in a Forum on student rights and the condition of higher education THIS SATURDAY (2/16) at Our College of William & Mary. With so many of the nation's eys focused on William & Mary, we have before us the Perfect opportunity to advance the cause of student empowerment and truly begin a movement on college campuses across this state and nation. This weekend (and forever onward) Students across Virginia and this nation must stand in Solidarity with one another. Our conditions are the same. We must fight together.

Come to the birthplace of American democracy to show this nation what True democracy looks like."

Contact Sean of William & Mary SDS if you plan to come down and stand with them: spwicy - at - gmail - com.

An example of the testimonials on the aforementioned site: